I have everything planned for our wedding. Well, you know, all of the BIG things. There are still a few outstanding items that will need to be decided prior to August 2nd.
OH! I ALMOST FORGOT!!! We're NOT moving, y'all! We decided that it was just too crazy to try to pull off a move and get married in the same year. We're going to wait until 2015 and then reassess the moving situation - this time we'll try to head West instead of East, too. All in all, I'm very happy with this decision.
So, here are the things that I've crossed off my list:
- Venue - Lincoln City, Oregon beach
- Reception dinner - the lady from the Inn where we are staying is catering our dinner/cake
- Invitation list - Only our immediate families and their significant others and then my bestie and her husband... no kids!
- Dress - I found it on BHLDN for half off and ordered it - it was perfect!
- Invitations - I had them specially designed on etsy and I have them in my posession
- Floral designer
- Photographer - This was actually number one on my list. We had our engagement photos the other day and I will share them in a later blog post... they. are. awesome.
- Wedding jewelry
- Hair - luckily my brother is a hair stylist
- Make up artist
So, like I said... I have a few things I still need to nail down, but I'm mostly done. The whole entire thing has been really easy and even fun, however, there has been one kink thrown into everything: MY MOTHER.
She had asked me what she should wear... I showed her pics of what I was wearing, what bestie was wearing and we talked about what I envisioned for everyone else... I guess I wasn't clear because here are the first two dresses that she sent me...
Yup. Totally neutral/solid. And long. Good job, Mom.
or this one... which SAYS IN THE TITLE THAT IT IS A SWIMSUIT COVERUP!!!
My Mom really is this crazy... Sorry I couldn't get the picture to paste.
Ugh. So after THOSE disasters, I decided to call her and reiterate my three requirements:
1. It is neutral, solid color
2. It is long
3. It is not made of jersey material
Am I asking too much?! (That was rhetorical, by the way...)
So I think we are FINALLY on the same page. I had pinterested some dress ideas for her. We finally agreed on a couple. I am feeling much better about the whole scenario.
Cut to several days later when she sends me a BRIGHT RED anthro dress. This dress is definitely not a neutral color.
That woman is giving me a heart attack! I thought maybe I was just being a bridezilla, but I even double checked with the ferret and he agreed that I was not being crazy.
I mean, I am paying good money for an awesome photographer and I don't want her messing up the photos. I would love to buy the photos that he takes for us of our family, but maybe that is asking too much.
I'm officially spent. Wish me luck that this "situation" improves over the next couple weeks...